- Be clean. Brush your teeth, take showers (notice the plural), shave, and wear deodorant. Don't wear your pants off your
butt, it's not that attractive to the majority of girls. This is essential if you are even going to approach an attractive
- Have a good attitude. No girl likes to watch a guy put on a show, so be yourself. Don't try to impress everyone - girls
like humble guys.
- Show respect. If you respect everyone and give them their space, they'll all respect you. With girls, it works even better.
If they see you respecting everyone, and not getting pushed around while you're at it, they will be reassured that you will
treat them right.
- Have good conversations. Don't talk about how you beat the big-bad-boss on level 23 gazillion of a video game. Most girls
aren't interested in video games. Try to aim for you both to be speaking 50% of the time; it's not attractive when someone
talks about themselves only....
- The #1 mistake when talking to a girl is focusing on yourself. Girls are way more comfortable when they talk about common
interests. Ask about their interests, hobbies, favorite books, music, etc. If she asks you a question, answer it in a few,
short sentences and then redirect the question back at her. This engages her in the conversation. Girls like to be talked
to, and if she wants to speak, she may purse her lips, or cross her arms. This doesn't mean she isn't interested, you're just
showing her that you are self-centered.
- Try flirting! If she is making quick glances at you and you both make eye contact, do not be the one to look away. When
you both make eye contact, just give a slight smile and, if you are brave enough, give her a wink. She'll look away and will
maybe blush, but do not divert her gaze. Be careful though; you don't want stare her down. A good move is to look away, and
if she likes you she will shoot you glances. Girls love to look at guys, so if she looks for more than 10 seconds, just glance
at her and give a little smile. If the girl is not shy then try touching the sides of your mouth with your finger, that makes
her think about kissing... maybe even kissing you.
- When around her friends, respect them and their ideas and opinions. Always speak highly of her and never talk trash about
her. It will damage her reputation and yours and she'll possibly dump you. Of course, her friends are going to tell her that
you trash talked her. Hopefully then it will work both ways - she will be tolerant of your friends.
- Be polite to her parents. Be kind to everyone, especially them.
- Try and support the girl in every aspect. Do not argue much and if you think she is doing something wrong always explain
it to her calmly and correct her mistake. If you're going to criticize someone, make sure you have a suggestion on how they
can do better!
- Always be romantic and say sweet stuff. But stay within your limits and don't copy! Avoid any cliche remarks.
- Learn to accept defeat - it's not always a bad thing. Take it and learn from it, so that the next time you see an attractive
girl, you will know your weaknesses and strengths.
- Don't be afraid to introduce yourself! Start a conversation about something you both have in common. It could be a class
you are both in or you may notice her carrying a book you've also read. Avoid being random!
- Don't do this while she's talking to someone or looks like she's in a hurry.
- After you have been talking for a few minutes, tell her you'll see her later or something like that and walk away. Don't
be taking up too much of her time. About 5 paces (steps), turn around and smile or wave. If she's still watching she's at
least a little bit interested!
- Do not play "hard to get". After a while, the girl will end up frustrated. Or if she likes a guy who's like that, her
friends might not like you because you're acting like a jerk (this happens way too much).
- Make a good impression with her friends. Also, if you go so far as to meet her parents, you DEFINITELY want to make a
good impression with them!
- Be careful what you say. Some girls might find a perverted sense of humor funny and enjoyable while others might be completely
disgusted. Some girls are easily offended when people cuss and swear so keep that to a minimum if you do any of the above.
Some girls think it actually does make a guy look tough when they cuss and talk about beating up other guys. So it all depends
on the girl you're trying to impress. But until you really get to know her style, keep everything "politically correct".
- Impress her... with your shoes! This sounds a little strange, but some girls are very attracted to guys who wear shoes
that go along with the girl's stereotype (like, punk, prep, or whatever). This is not GUARANTEED to work, but it helps with
- Do not complain about how girls never like you or how you were dumped, etc. This is not flattering on your part and puts
the girl in an awkward situation. She probably won't feel bad for you, but rather be turned off! If you point out your faults
enough times, she'll start to agree.
- If you know a song she likes, sing or hum a few bars around her. She might think of you whenever she hears that song.
And she'll probably be impressed by your good taste in music. Some girls have actually dumped guys or stopped liking guys
when they insulted the music they like. So, it's OK not to like her music, but don't be insulting her favorite singer/band!
Try to agree with her as much as possible but so over the top that she knows your not being yourself.
- Start an inside joke with her! She will feel included and become closer to you. It also gives you an easy-to-come-up-with
conversation starter. Try not to kill the joke though.
- If all fails, tell her you like her and maybe she will like you too.